Accounts Assistant based in Urmston
PositionFull time, Permanent
About this role
Our client, a small but successful Accountancy firm are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant based in Urmston. Working as part of friendly team, this role will be responsible for helping to prepare sets of accounts for the Manager and Partners to review, working with a variety of clients with varying business sizes.
The duties of this Accounts Assistant based in Urmston vacancy will include:
- Working closely with a variety of clients including sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Preparing full sets of accounts, sometimes from incomplete records
- Undertaking VAT work
- Undertaking accruals, reconciliations and general book keeping
- Preparing Accounts to Trial Balance
- Preparing Year End accounts
- Utilising IRIS, Xero and Sage accounts
- Liaising daily with clients to ensure accurate information is obtained
- Dealing with queries and questions
- Ensuring the accounts are prepared in a timely manner and passed to the Partners for sign off
The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant role will possess:
- Previous experience working within a Practice environment
- Have previous relevant experience in preparing accounts
- Have up to date knowledge of all UK Legislation in relation to VAT and Personal Tax
- Be confident and approachable
- Have previous experience in Xero and Sage
- IRIS experience is also preferred but not essential
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to work in an environment with ever changing priorities
- Be a good team player
In return, the client are offering a competitive salary and benefits package and fabulous, friendly and supportive working environment.
This Accounts Assistant position is offered on a full time, permanent basis with early interviews offered.
As a leading recruitment agency in Swinton, Manchester, here at Linda Taylors Ltd we are continually receiving new assignments and permanent positions to work on in the Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Salford, Eccles and surrounding areas so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
To view our other roles please click here