Group Accounts Assistant
About this role
Our client, based in the Lowton area, has asked for our help to recruit a Group Accounts Assistant with responsibility for the smooth running of the sales ledger and ensuring sales/income invoices are raised in an accurate manner. Responsibilities will also include answering queries from customers and internal staff in respect of sales invoices and assisting with credit control.
- Setting up new clients in line with company procedures
- Processing invoices; banking & reconciliation; issuing statements to clients
- Assisting with Credit Control; processing rebates, refunds & adjustments
- Weekly reconciliation of sales ledger and cash sheet
- Work with Purchase Ledger and subcontract ledger, deputising where necessary
- General filing and administrative duties within the team
- Previous experience in financial accounting software, preferably Sage
- Knowledge of BACS payments and liaising with finance providers
- Strong numeracy, written and oral communication skills essential
- A good team player with an analytical mind and strong IT skills
- Problem solving skills and a flexible, adaptable approach is an advantage
- Any previous knowledge of construction industry and CIS is desirable but not essential
A respected local employer, our client is hoping to interview next week to ensure a good handover with the current jobholder.
If you have all the skills and attributes listed above for this Accounts role, please apply today. Due to the expected volume of applicants we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience match the job requirements exactly so please do only apply if you have all the relevant skills.