Payroll Administrator (Maternity Contract)
Salaryc£17k - £19k
PositionFull time, Maternity Contract
About this role
Our client, based in Salford are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to work on a Maternity Contract until March 2020. Working in a busy Payroll department this is an ideal opportunity to work with a professional local company.
The main duties of this Payroll Administrator role will include:
- Working as part of the Payroll Team to ensure all operatives are paid accurately and on time
- Verifying subcontractors under the CIS scheme with HMRC
- Verifying VAT with HMRC for Ltd company operatives
- Entering Bank Details on to the bespoke company software
- Entering statutory information (P45s, P46s, etc)
- Monitoring statutory deductions and paying accordingly
- Processing deductions for external bodies
- Running Payroll reports, checking and amending where necessary
- Processing BACs payments
- Printing / emailing payslips
- Checking invoices received by email to reconcile to payments made
- Adjusting accumulators and updating spreadsheets
- Logging all post that comes into the department
- Completing forms from external bodies
- Ordering stationery and toners when needed
- Completing monthly reports and returns
- Liaising with internal departments
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from external bodies
- Resolving email queries from branches and operatives promptly and effectively
- General payroll administration duties as required
The successful candidate for this Payroll Administrator maternity contract will possess:
- Previous relevant Payroll admin experience
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Be numerate and accurate
- Have accurate keyboard and inputting skills
- Be able to liaise effectively with internal and external customers
- Be methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to work well under pressure
In return the company will provide full training internally on the systems / internal processes and external training by HMRC to ensure full compliance with all payoll legislation.
This role is offered on a full time basis for a maternity contract lasting until March 2020.
The company offer a salary of £17 – £19k for this position (pro rata).
If you have previous payroll experience and are looking for a new challenge with a local company working in their fabulous offices in Salford, please apply today.
As a leading recruitment agency in Swinton, Manchester, here at Linda Taylors Ltd we are continually receiving new assignments and permanent positions to work on in the Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Salford, Eccles and surrounding areas so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
To view our other roles please click here