PositionFull time, Permanent
About this role
Our client is a long established local business, currently experiencing a period of growth. Based in the Astley area, they have a new opportunity for a Transport Controller to join their existing busy and friendly team of professionals.
This Transport Controller role is varied and interesting, with duties as follows:-
- Effectively manage a team of Drivers and Runners.
- Deal with enquiries to resolve any service issues or complaints and deliver exceptional Customer service 100% of the time when engaging with Customers
- Escalate Customer service issues as and when required to Transport Manager
- Ensure that operational demands are met through effective utilisation of vehicles and appropriate staffing levels taking into account absences and holidays
- Rota management as required.
- Report any driver non-conformance and accidents to Transport Manager
- Conduct daily driver debrief at the end of each shift.
- Manage KPI’s for the team of drivers to ensure business objectives are met.
- Route scheduling for new and existing jobs including contributing to discussions around route planning.
- Review fleet management software regularly for tracking of routes and to identify Driver behaviour and improvements.
- Daily monitoring of driver hours, vehicle checks and reporting of any vehicle defects to Transport Manager.
- Produce reports and deal with infringements relaying any training issues to the Training Officer and Transport Manager
Candidates for this Transport Controller role should have:-
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A background in Customer Service and, preferably, in a transport related environment
- Good listening and problem solving skills are essential, along with resilience and proven negotiating abilities
- Prior experience in logistics/haulage industry is desirable
- Good IT skills relevant to the post, in particular MS Office applications
Candidates should be well educated team players with strong organisational skills and a tactful approach to difficult situations. This is a good opportunity to join a friendly team and a sound opportunity to be involved in a forward thinking organisation with a really varied role.
As a leading recruitment agency in Swinton, Manchester, here at Linda Taylors Ltd we are continually receiving new assignments and permanent positions to work on in the Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Salford, Eccles and surrounding areas so keep a close eye on our website and Facebook pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities.
To view our other roles please click here